Dear U.S. Pre-Meds:
You have been weighing heavily on my mind these last two weeks. While I am confident the COVID-19 crisis will gradually recede, and life will soon return to normal, I am deeply concerned about the impact this pandemic could have on the academic progress of our nation's pre-med students. I do not want students who have worked so hard for so long to suffer unnecessary drops in their GPAs or MCAT scores as a result of trying to juggle these unprecedented stressors.
While we can't stop the spread of COVID-19, we can re-focus all our resources toward helping pre-meds navigate these challenges more easily. Effective immediately, Altius will temporarily convert to a non-profit pricing model to allow us to reach and help more students impacted by COVID-19. This means that many services, including science and MCAT tutoring, will be available free of charge to new students. We will also be lowering the tuition for all online, on-demand, and self-study courses to at or below our cost. Finally, all current students will benefit from generous adjustments to our refund and retake policies. Full details on these initiatives are included below.
We call on businesses everywhere to consider similar measures. By coming together during this crucial time, we can all help ease the burdens of our friends and neighbors.
ATTN: Current Altius Students
If you are currently enrolled in an on-site Altius MCAT course, arrangements are already in place for your program to continue uninterrupted in an online format. Please speak with your tutor, or call (435) 671-5783 if you have any questions or concerns.
New COVID-19 Policies and Pricing Changes
FREE SERVICES & RESOURCES
Altius is here to help with the following FREE resources:
- FREE MCAT Tutoring: Beginning March 23rd, Altius will offer FREE online MCAT Tutoring to all U.S. pre-meds. All sessions will be hosted by our elite 95-100th percentile MCAT Mentors. Interested students can join these live sessions 7 days a week between 2:00 PM and Midnight (MDST) from anywhere with an internet connection. Click here to register for free tutoring.
- FREE Tutoring for any Medical School Pre-requisite Course: To help students maintain their grades during this unique challenge, Altius will offer FREE online science tutoring for all medical school pre-requisite courses (Chemistry, O-Chem, Biology, Biochem, Physics, etc.). Click here to register for free tutoring.
- FREE Transition Counseling: Moving from on-campus to online instruction will present students with multiple challenges, and undoubtedly generate questions and concerns. Altius has over a decade of experience both hosting online classes and ensuring that online instruction works. If you have any questions or concerns, if you’re struggling to stay focused or motivated, or are facing any other challenges with your new distance learning environment, call (435) 671-5783 to speak free-of-charge with one of our experienced online education experts.
TEMPORARY NON-PROFIT PRICING MODEL
Effective immediately, tuition for the following online courses and study resources are being dropped to at or below cost. These products may return to regular pricing at any time based on developing COVID-19 circumstances, but are likely to continue through at least
March 31, 2020, (Updated to April 30th, 2020).
I. Elite MCAT Classroom Course: Regularly $2,499. Available for only $899.
- Twice the instruction as our leading competitor, plus a Double-Your-Money-Back Guarantee. Click here to learn more.
II. Premier Self-Paced Study Course:Regularly $1,999. Available for only $499.
- Everything you could possibly need to self-study for the MCAT, including all the best materials from both Altius and the AAMC. Click here to learn more.
III. 10 Altius Full-Length MCAT Practice Exams: Regularly $300. Available for only $99.
- The only MCAT exams written and double-blind peer reviewed by PhD science professors. Includes a 1-year software license. Click here to learn more.
COVID-19 POLICY UPDATES
I. FREE Program Extensions: All students currently enrolled in an Altius 1-on-1 Mentoring Course are being granted one-time-only extended access to course materials, classes, and tutoring credits (contingent on tutor availability) through August 31, 2020.
II. FREE Course Deferrals: Any student who contracts COVID-19, or who is negatively impacted by the need to care for an immediate family member who contracts COVID-19, will be given the option to defer their course (including any unused tutoring credits) until Fall 2020.
III. Extended Retake Policy: Any student who completes an Altius MCAT Course during the 2019-20 cycle, and feels his or her MCAT score and/or preparation was negatively impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak, will be allowed to retake their Altius course during the 2020-2021 cycle. Some restrictions apply, see an Altius representative for details.
As long as you remain calm, it is entirely possible to reduce, or even eliminate entirely, any negative impact this pandemic might otherwise have had on your academic progress. Our elite MCAT Mentors genuinely care about you and your future. We are paying them to be there for you 7 days a week, to guide and assist you every step along the way. Don't hesitate to take advantage of this or any of the other COVID-19 resources described above. If there is any other way in which Altius can be of help, please let us know.
We look forward to helping you meet this challenge and move triumphantly on to your future career as a physician.
Founder & CEOAltius Test Prep