Admissions Experts You Can Trust
Genuine Admissions Expertise is Hard to Find
- As broken as the MCAT prep industry has become, the problem of inaccurate admissions advice being foisted upon unsuspecting premeds is even worse.
- Advice is plentiful. Everyone—regardless of their actual experience or expertise—seems happy to offer their definitive opinion.
- The consequences of heeding bad advice can be devastating for the medical school applicant.
Altius Admissions Consultants Have First-Hand Experience
- At Altius, our goal is to clear these muddy waters by offering only proven, universally-sound, widely-accepted admissions advice from those who have been intricately involved in actual admissions decisions.
- Our world-class Admissions Consulting Team is exclusively staffed with current or former admissions committee (ADCOM) members along with medical students or doctors who have been widely accepted at the most prestigious medical schools.
A Few Words of Caution
- Take the advice you receive from any non-ADCOM source with a grain of salt, fully vetting the expertise of the person offering that counsel.
- In particular, status quo MCAT prep companies have a track record of giving not only poor advice, but self-serving or overtly harmful counsel.
- Internet forums are NOT a reliable source for accurate admissions advice.
Go to the Source
- Those who have been through the applicant evaluation process themselves—actual ADCOM members—are the most accurate source of information. That is why it is our policy to only offer advice when it is the consensus of all of the current and former ADCOM members on our consulting team.
- When you receive personal statement feedback or other admissions advice from Altius, the source is always those who have been, or will be, making actual admissions decisions at accredited U.S. medical schools. We take you straight to the source.
Introducing 1-on-1 Admissions Mentoring: A New Standard
Nothing gives you a leg-up on the competition like having your own 1-on-1 Admissions Mentor. Each applicant is unique. Generalized rules-of-thumb or best practices can only carry you so far. At Altius, we are revolutionizing admissions counseling by offering our clients an affordable 1-on-1 Admissions Mentor. With our Platinum Admissions Package, students have 24/7 access via phone, text, or email to their own 1-on-1 advisor. Your Admissions Mentor will give you 100% personalized advice based on your unique situation, the strengths and weaknesses of your individual application, your overall career goals, and the schools to which you plan to apply.
Here’s What Former Clients Have to Say…
I am indebted to you for your suggestions on my personal statement; they have been invaluable. I really appreciate all of your help this year with Altius. I cannot thank you enough. Thank you sooo much! As an aside, I am so indebted to you for your work with Altius. Last year I took Kaplan, and I cannot tell you how much more I prefer your system. It is so much better!
Thank you so much for all your help with my personal statement. I reached a point where it felt as if my editing was becoming counterproductive and I greatly appreciated your input and the changes you made to the flow of my essay. Also, thank you for creating Altius and offering classes and MCAT tutoring. Your program has been invaluable to me, and I am grateful for the thought and attention to detail you gave to designing the curriculum. It shows how much you really care about our success and future.
I paid for an essay-editing service to critique my medical school personal statement. Then I asked Altius to review that same essay and they did it for free as part of my MCAT program. The advice Altius gave me was so much more helpful. Even though they offered to do it for free, I insisted on paying them for their services as it was the best feedback I had received from anyone throughout the application process.
Dear Altius Admissions Team: I just wanted to say that working with you has been so incredibly helpful. I apologize for constantly approaching you for help, but you have simply been such an amazing resource for me. I now have what I think is my best personal statement to date. Thanks!
Thank you so much for your help in the application process. You definitely saved me from having a bad personal essay. I just got accepted to the University of Washington MD program, and I will start this August. Of course, without Altius, I would have never scored in the 99th percentile on my MCAT. Thanks again, and I hope to see Altius one-day grow into the biggest program in the country--because I know it's the best by a long shot.
Thank you so much for your edits on my personal essay. They were extremely helpful! Again, thank you for responding so fast and for all your help. Your email and voicemail message were very sincere. I feel a huge sense of relief submitting my application with Altius’ help on my personal statement!
Admissions Program Options
- Personal Statement Review
- 15-Activities Section Review
- Full AMCAS Review
- List of Target Schools
- Secondary Essay Review
- 1-on-1 Admissions Mentor
- 24/7 Admissions Feedback
- AMCAS Advantage Package
- Mock Interview Package
Black Friday Promotion
Black Friday Promotion
Expires Nov. 30th
Expires Nov. 30th
AMCAS® Advantage Program
- GPA and Transcript Evaluation
- MCAT Score Review
- 15 Activities Section Evaluation
- Secondary Essay Evaluation
- Detailed ADCOM Feedback Report, including:
- The committee's overall impression of your candidacy.
- Wether the committee would have voted to accept or reject your application had it been submitted to their medical school.
- Competitiveness Ranking Score for GPA, MCAT, 15 Activities, Secondary, and four (4) core applicant characteristics: Leadership, Research, Service Orientation, and Clinical Experience.
- Specific suggestions for strengthening your application.
You have two full weeks from the date of purchase to evaluate any Altius MCAT Mentoring Program. If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your tuition.
Trial Period available for Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze Programs.